Fire destroys storage shed in Rantoul

By RANTOUL PRESS

A storage shed at a Rantoul residence was destroyed by fire late Friday afternoon.

The shed, located at 642 St. Andrews Circle and owned by Golfview Village, was rented by David Usher.

Fire Chief Ken Waters said a trash can on fire next to the shed caught the building on fire.

Fifteen firefighters responded to the call at 5:30 p.m. and cleared the scene an hour later, according to Waters.

Waters estimated damage at approximately $3,000.

news@rantoulpress.com

Comments

Rantoul Press embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. we reserve the right to remove any comment at its discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments