Rural Ludlow home sustains minor damage from chimney fire

By RANTOUL PRESS

LUDLOW — A rural Ludlow home sustained minor damage from a chimney fire Thursday afternoon.

Ludlow Fire Chief Dave Ingleman said the roof of a home belonging to Joyce Duncan began smoldering due to a hole in the chimney.

“It had a hole, and it caught some of the wood under the shingles on fire,” Ingleman said.

The house is located at Champaign County Road 2100 E and 3560 N, about 3 miles east of Ludlow.

Ingleman said 10 firefighters responded to the 4:15 p.m. call and were on the scene for about 30 minutes.

Paxton firefighters remained on standby at their station.

news@rantoulpress.com

Comments

Rantoul Press embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. we reserve the right to remove any comment at its discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments